Killmonday Games HB
Based in Upplands Väsby, Sweden
August 27th, 2015 (PC/Mac/Linux)
English, Spanish, German, Russian.
Fran Bow is a creepy adventure game that tells the story of Fran, a young girl struggling with a mental disorder and an unfair destiny.
After witnessing the gruesome and mysterious loss of her parents, found dismembered at their home, Fran rushes into the woods, together with her only friend, Mr. Midnight, a black cat that Fran had previously received as a present from her parents.
In the forest, Fran goes into shock over the loss of her parents and when she recovers, she’s at Oswald Asylum, an oppressive mental institution for children, and Mr. Midnight is nowhere to be found.
After having a dream about her beloved cat, Fran decides to escape from the mental institution to find him and go back home to Aunt Grace, her only living relative.
- Story driven creepy psychological horror adventure game.
- Unique and peculiar hand drawn 2D Art-Style and 2D animation.
- Self administer medication to open the terrible hidden world that will help solve puzzles and find objects.
- A big variety of puzzles designed with different levels of difficulty and specifically based on the story.
- Three arcade inspired mini-games all with different art style to be part of the transitions in the story.
- Interactive and occasionally playable pet cat, Mr Midnight.
- 50+ interactive unique characters with unique personalities.
- Original Soundtrack.
- ” …imaginative, strange, unsettling, intelligent and charged with a rare and beautiful sense of hope.” RockPaperShotgun.
- ” Fran Bow makes you love its main character even as you hate her for dragging you to these gruesome places. It tells a story of a charming little girl caught up in a terrible life, all through some solid point-and-click puzzles that make sense in its strange setting.” Indiegames.
- “Even minor characters are animated in such a way as to be memorable and unique…” Indiegamemag.
- “I often get feelings while playing this game that I haven’t experienced in quite some time, going all the way back to legendary point and click adventures of the 90s.” TruePCGaming.
- “The hand-drawn graphics in Fran Bow are as beautiful as they are surreal, really helping to convey a disturbing atmosphere of dark things from a child’s perspective.” AdventureGamers.
About Killmonday Games HB
Our game studio is based in Stockholm, Sweden. It was founded in 2012 by us, Natalia Figueroa and Isak Martinsson.
Natalia specializes in story writing, art, animation and character design, while Isak specializes in programming and music. We have been working together since 2009, doing short films, music videos and animations, but in 2012 we realized that making movies wasn’t really what we were after.
Something was missing from our creations and we realized that we wanted interaction, we wanted to go out and play!
We have done a few free games, mostly for the fun of it and to learn, but Fran Bow is our biggest project ever, for which we did a crowdfunding campaign, and thanks to everyone who supported us, we were able to finish!
Fran Bow Credits
Writer, designer, artist, animator, sound design.
Programmer, sound design, musician.